Following the McAllister+ agreement, the Democratic Party (PD) has proposed 7 new technical ministers, 4 women and 3 men.
The minister were proposed yesterday by PD leader Lulzim Basha during a meeting with Prime Minister Edi Rama, who accepted the proposals. Their names have been sent to President Bujar Nishani to be decreed this afternoon, after which they are expected to be approved in Parliament today during an extraordinary session at 18:00, in which also feature the election of the parliamentary ad-hoc committees who will decide on the composition of the vetting institutions.
The PD has proposed the following ministers:
- Deputy Prime Minister: Ledina Mandia PhD, former State Attorney under the Berisha government;
- Minister of Interior Affairs: Col. Dritan Demiraj, former commander of the Special Forces of the Army;
- Minister of Finance: Helga Vukaj, former Director-General of the High State Council;
- Minister of Justice: Gazmend Bardhi, juridical councilor of the PD, expert involved in the drafting of the judicial reform;
- Minister of Education and Sports: Mirela Karabino, lecturer at the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Tirana;
- Minister of Health: Arben Beqiri, surgeon and former vice-rector of the University of Medicine and professor at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Tirana;
- Minister of Social Welfare and Youth: Xhulieta Kërtusha, former director of regional development at CEZ;