Democratic Party leader Lulzim Basha reacted yesterday to the hidden camera recording published the day before, where Fredi Alizoti tells how he was coerced by the General Director of the State Police Ardi Veliu and MP Taulant Balla into agreeing on having acted as the voice of Agron Xhafaj in the so-called Babale Tape. The tape shows the brother of Minister of Interior Fatmir Xhafaj, who is wanted by the Italian police, engaging in drug trafficking from Albania.
According to the opposition leader, this development is in line with the Balla-Rraja-Maloku scandal and other scandals of Rama government, showing that Rama has destroyed the rule of law and has installed a mafia dictatorship in return, with institutions that manipulate truth in order to protect criminals.
Basha’s main statements:
– Recent days’ events have highlighted the destruction of the rule of law. The corrupted justice in Albania has turned into the justice of criminals. Until yesterday people paid money to prosecutors and judges; today one needs to be connected either to Edi Rama or to criminals in order to get justice.
– The private state of Edi Rama has been installed in Albania; a state that operates outside the Constitution and laws. Edi Rama admitted himself the existence of this private state when he publicly declared that he has a special investigative structure that serves him personally.
– When the state attacks political opponents, journalists and honest police officers, with the purpose of protecting criminals and politicians connected with crime, we are under a mafia dictatorship.
– The Prime Minister, the Minister of Interior, the Head of the SP parliamentary group, the General Prosecutor, the General Director of the State Police have all plotted together to manipulate the truth, so as to protect a drug trafficker like Agron Xhafaj.
– Edi Rama’s private state decided to fabricate witnesses to attack and hound journalists, denouncers and oppositionists, with one single purpose: saving the condemned drug trafficker Agron Xhafaj and his protector Fatmir Xhafaj.
– It’s the same private state that has manipulated the whole lot – every single evidence and every single fact – to protect Taulant Balla and Rahman Rraja.
– Edi Rama, Fatmir Xhafaj, Taulant Balla, Arta Marku, Ardi Veliu and all their petty and major servants, who are part of the crime-protecting manipulation, are going to face justice in the same way as all state, government and street criminals are.
– This private state, this mafia dictatorship must be destroyed and it will be destroyed. All those who are part of it, and today feel above the law, are going to answer before the law.