A total of 12 judges are running for 15 seats in the High Court of Albania, the High Judicial Council (KLGj) has announced..
Candidates are judges at the Special Anti-Corruption Court (4), Administrative Courts (3), Courts of Appeal (3) and First Instance Courts (3).
- Gentian Medja – Tirana Administrative Court of First Instance;
- Dhimitër Lara – Special Anti-Corruption Court of Appeal;
- Klodiana Veizi – Durres Administrative Court of First Instance;
- Manjola Xhaxho – Tirana Court;
- Saida Dollani – Special Anti-Corruption Court of Appeal;
- Sokol Ibi – Korca Administrative Court of First Instance.
- Albana Boksi – Special Anti-Corruption Court of Appeal;
- Alma Hicka – Tirana Court;
- Enton Dhimitri – Gjirokastra Court of Appeal;
- Klodian Kurushi – Special Anti-Corruption Court;
- Margarita Buhali – Vlora Court of Appeals;
- Sokol Ngresi – Vlora Court of Appeals
Only two candidates have not yet gone through the vetting process: judges Sokol Ngresi and Alma Hicka.
The High Court consists of 19 members, 4 of whom come from outside the judiciary and 15 from the judiciary.
It currently has only three members from outside the judiciary system, and one more is expected to be appointed later.
Members of the High Court are selected by the High Judicial Council (KLGj) and approved by the President for a 9-year term.