The Ministry of Health has set up a working group to look into the death of a 53-year-old man who had previously said he was refused treatment at QSUT.
The man passed away yesterday after claiming that he had not received any treatment from hospitals in Tirana. He had arrived at the hospital as an emergency case, hoping to be treated and to find out what was wrong. He was then transferred from one hospital to another with no treatment and no consideration of his deteriorating condition.
The man told FaxWeb he was suffering from kidney issues, low blood pressure, and stomach ulcers. He was told to go to several different departments in different hospitals and was only given sedatives.
It’s believed he died on Saturday.
The Ministry said they will assure “a full administrative investigation” into the procedures followed by the hospitals and staff.