With less than one week before the general elections and some of the leading parties are still yet to publish a manifesto. In an attempt to find information on some key issues, Exit sent a list of questions to PS, PD, LSI, VV, and Nisma Thurrje.
Despite reminders, a week later there has still been no response. Exit contacted spokespersons via email, social media, and in some cases, directly via WhatsApp. Questions were sent in both English and Albanian.
On the Economy
- How do you plan to decrease public debt and also reduce the informal economy?
- Which sector of the economy will be your primary focus and how will you support it?
- How are you going to create more jobs?
- What do you think are the biggest issues in the education system and how do you plan to address them in your first year?
- What specific steps will you take in your first year to address the Brain Drain phenomenon?
- What do you think are the biggest issues facing the healthcare sector and how do you intend to solve them?
On Foreign Policy
- What are the first concrete steps you will take to ensure Albania continues on the path toward EU accession?
- What specific policies will you implement in your first year in government to increase protection for women and girls and to ensure their safety and well-being?
- What policies do you have that will facilitate the inclusion of Roma and Egyptian individuals in healthcare, the employment sector, and education?
- Will you make the Vjosa a National Park? Are you committed to implementing green and sustainable energy that is not hydropower?