The General Directorate of Taxation in Albania will reimburse the fines imposed by the authorities of foreign countries for Albanians that overstayed their visas due to COVID-19.
The reimbursements will apply to any penalties incurred abroad between 10 March and 1 June 2020.
– collection mandate certifying the payment of the fine, translated and notarized;
– fine imposition form by the border police;
– self-declaration for the consent of the individual for the verification of his border entry-exit from the TIMS system, according to the defined format (according to the format attached to the notification);
– photocopy of the identification document of the individual (passport, identity card);
– individual bank account data in Lekë (bank name and IBAN);
– personal contact number or email address
As for foreign citizens stranded in Albania during the lockdown, those that overstayed their 90 days visa-free allowance or who were unable to renew their documents were able to extend their stays.