Ben Blushi Elected Chairman of LIBRA

Yesterday, former Socialist Party Deputy Ben Blushi was elected chairman of the new political party LIBRA, through a fully electronic voting process.

Deputy Blushi, one of the founders of the party and until now its de facto leader, won 95% of the votes while the other candidate, Neritan Deferkolli won 5%.

During the elections of yesterday 3250 members of LIBRA chose the twenty members of the core group. Seventeen members of the core group of the party are women, including Deputy Mimoza Hafizi, while three are men. In a press statement LIBRA declared:

For the first time in Albania a fully electronic voting system was applied. It was guaranteed, secret, direct, and democratic and with high standards.