The Ukrainian Embassy in Tirana has shared details for those who wish to help Ukrainians citizens and the Ukrainian armed forces.
Through a post shared on Instagram, the embassy informs citizens that those wishing to donate or volunteer to collect donations may contact the following numbers: +355 67 606 0630 – Yunna (Albanian) and +355 69 490 2624 – Natalia (English).
For donations, the Embassy is requesting mainly:
- Thermal blankets, sleeping bags, blankets, gym mattresses, mattresses, raincoats, pillows.
- Body hygiene products, toothpaste and toothbrushes, diapers and toilet paper, paper towels, antiseptic, alcohol, multi-purpose and single-use masks.
- Bandages, disinfection solutions, tents, camping beds, stoves, pots, microfiber towels, tableware.
- Batteries, candles, flashlights.
- Food: water, fast food, muesli, energy bars, dried fruits, nuts, canned foods, pasta, instant cereals.
- Medicine according to the following list: ttps://cutt.ly/CPMVUtiKonishya2022
People can also donate directly to the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense to support the Ukrainian armed troops:
Recipient: Ministry of Defense of Ukraine (Ministria e Mbrojtjes e Ukrainës)
Bank: Shërbimi Shtetëror i Thesarit të Ukrainës, Kiev;
MFI code: 820172
Those who wish to know more about how they can help can visit a state-sanctioned website.
The Albanian Red Cross is also collecting donations to support the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine.